This year we are celebrating 26th year of Janmashtami, we expect larger number of people and are allowing all age groups to participate . This year we will have 2 separate contests with limited participation
• Contest is open for all participants . They have to dress in a costume pertaining to the theme “ Krishna Leela”
• Children can participate either as a part of “ Jhanki” or in their Respective age groups but not in both.
Three age groups for contest are as below:
Group A – up to 3 years.
Group B – 3 to 6 years
Group C – 6 to 11 years
“ Jhanki” – 3+ Participant age up to 11 Years
• All contestants must report and reconfirm their participation at the Costume Contest registration counter at George Brown Convention Center between 5:30 p .m – 6:15 p.m
• On-Site registrations close exactly at 6:15 pm regardless of having registered earlier on the website.
• Only one parent may accompany with participant (who cannot walk) from age Group A onto the stage.
• Participant in Group B & C age group have to walk on the stage by themselves.
• Participant must keep number label at appropriate location allocated to them.
• We do not allow performance, speeches or singing by contestants. Microphone system is not arranged for participants on the stage.
• No music will accompany the child while he/she walks on stage.
• The judges will have the sole and complete authority and discretion to select the winners in each category. Their decision will be final.
• Parents will not be allowed to see the score sheets.
• You will need to remain in the hall throughout the costume contest to be eligible for an award.
• After all costumes have been paraded; the contestants will be called on stage for a group picture at the end of the costume contest which will be used for advertising. The Participants have to be near the stage till the end of the contest. They will have to quickly send the Participants ( kids) to the stage when called.
• The Participants who are not in a costume at that point will not be allowed on stage for the group picture
• For “Jhanki” The Gift hampers and Certificates will be given. Group (Jhanki) participants will be allowed no more than 45 seconds from entry to exit.
If you have question please feel free to contact us